Sunday, December 11, 2011

Merry Holiday?!?

I'm sick of it! I'm sick of the whole 
"Happy Holiday" verses "Merry Christmas" BS. 
I say "Merry Christmas" to one cashier
and they choke a little, while saying "Happy Holiday".
What holiday are we happy about, I respond.
Another cashier responds with, "you too". 
Say that to your spouse after they say, "I love you".
Who, by the way, is offended with "Merry Christmas"?
Did these people grow up not celebrating
Christmas? I think they are still angry that they 
didn't get the toy they always wanted from Santa.
By the way, why is it ok to celebrate Santa and 
not Christmas? Santa is nothing without Christmas!
Everybody knows the plump, jolly, white-bearded 
man wearing a red coat with white collar and cuffs, 
white-cuffed red trousers, and black leather belt and boots
is Santa Clause. And he isn't here for some un-named 
holiday. He's here because of Christmas! Trying to 
change the name of Christmas doesn’t change
the meaning. It’s about the gift of life given to us by our creator.
And to that I say, MERRY CHRISTMAS!










Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment